Friday, August 10, 2007

A Couple Locals

Yesterday, while cleaning up around my shed, I came across a couple of the locals. Haven't determined their names, yet but I am sure they are a "couple".

They did "lose" control of their bladders when I picked them up, hence the darker colored posteriors ... but I guess you would too if a hand with fingers as big as yourself reached down and picked you up!

(Actually, one of their defence mechanisms.)

Not as cute as "chipmunks" but just as important.

They have been relocated to a much safer spot.

7 comments:

willdana said...

Cool critters..have a Houston Toad that looks very much like them

Annie said...

Maybe there's an incontinent prince trapped inside, just waiting for a kiss from you.

isabella said...

Watch out - pick up a frog, get a wart! ;-)

lv2scpbk said...

They've been having frog races around here. I've never been to one, but thought about going. These two would be great in the races, I bet.

M.Benaut said...

Train 'em up, old son, we would love to see the Oregon Annual Frog Races !

drpack said...

Rest assured ...
a. no kissing these frogs ... too much respect for the species! Wouldn't want to punish them ... besides, what would I do with an incontinent prince?!!
b. wore gloves ... don't need warts!
c. they were pretty fast ... after all, they do have a racing stripe!

Mme Benaut said...

Hee Hee Dennis but seriously, toads? Careful you don't end up with a problem like the Qld Cane Toads which are infiltrating Arnhem Land. In spite of that, they do look rather cute.