Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cycling

Sunriver is the place you bring your family if you want them to enjoy the outdoors. This family is enjoying a cycle along the Deschutes River. There are over 30 miles of paved trails within the resort area as well as many other options in the surrounding countryside. You can either hit the roads for a bit of road racing or head up toward the mountains for some single track, epic mountain biking.

There's a medical center in Sunriver for the overly ambitious!

4 comments:

oldmanlincoln said...

Oh that is a nice bike trail to be sure and you got it with a family on it. Nice photography.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Wendy said...

Nice fresh air and family fun, photo. I've heard Bend Oregon is a lovely place, and enjoy seeing your photos.

Mme Benaut said...

I'm going to give it a go when we get to Sunriver! M.B bought me a beautiful, purple, Raleigh bicycle for my birthday in 2003. Unfortunately I had just had a back operation and an operation on my right hand so I couldn't ride it; then I had an operation on my left hand and another operation on my back in 2004, so I couldn't ride it; then I had a fusion in my back and we moved to Aldgate with lots of hills and I still couldn't ride it. In 2007, I've ridden it a few times on the tennis court and down the driveway but with 23 gears, I can't work out how the hell to ride it. Oh for a flat bike track!

drpack said...

Lots of flat tracks around here mme benaut. One of the reasons I chose to come here. Mind you, there are plenty of hills if that's what you desire! Believe me ... I ended up in the emergency room about a year ago!

It sounds like you need to get "the old man" on a bike along with you! Or, maybe even better yet, there is a lovely group in Adelaide that take nice little bike trips on Sundays. Usually at a relaxed pace with a stop for coffee/etc. Check with Bike SA.