Saturday, August 4, 2007

Downtown Art Exhibits

Yesterday, as well as protests, Bend hosted a First Friday Gallery Walk.

On the first Friday of every month art galleries (and pseudo art galleries ... shops that host art displays) stay open late so art aficionados can wander around, drink wine and have a look at what various artists have been up to.

The weather was beautiful, the wine was good and the streets were full of people enjoying the excuse to mingle.


This guy can be found at a major intersection in the downtown area. I can recall feeling a bit like this after a few too many wine "tastings"! Or can I?

Must put this event on my calendar for next month!

2 comments:

Lavenderlady said...

I missed this when I visited in July. I love art walks...we had ours this last Friday too.

Ame said...

OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

That sounds like HEAVEN!!!

Wine, wandering, wingling...oh, I mean MINGling! And in nice weather to BOOT!

I'm jealous!!!

Great sculpture by the way...love installations like that...so public-friendly!

Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week Doc!

=)