Tuesday, August 7, 2007

So many brews. So little time!

Bend is the home to several exceptional micro-breweries. Believe me, I've tried just about every one! I'll just have to revisit them to get some pictures to show you! Well, at least that will be my excuse!

This is the entrance to the Lodge, a pub run by Cascade Lakes Brewing Company. You'll find 7 or 8 different brews on tap, from the "Blond Bombshell" to the "20 inch Brown". There is a nice outdoor seating area, pool tables and the other things you normally find in a pub.

Not only do they have great beer, their food's pretty good, too. I usually take my visitors there.

Wednesday is Local's Night.

Their website is worth checking out:
http://www.cascadelakes.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any truth to the rumor that the "Blond Bombshell" was named after Ame?

Mme Benaut said...

D, this is a spectacular local pub. We have the Aldgate Pump as you know which I will encourage M.B to post soon. Enjoy your beer and your Wednesday! Tonight our mob is celebrating Theresa's birthday at T-Chow in China Town.

drpack said...

Be sure to pass on my Happy Birthday wishes!

I do remember the Pump ... nice warm fire in the winter!

M.Benaut said...

Bonjour mon bon ami,
I reckon that Anonymous = Ame. She's a "little devil". (xxx, Ame).
I posted a blonde bombshell too, and Judy sends her love and kisses.
The pump won't be the same without you, but we'll get to OR asap. Mme. is plotting and planning.
Have you found your Yankee twang yet? You had better, or they'll think you're a bloody migrant, cobber !!!!

Annie said...

Oregon is getting quite a good reputation for wine too. Wine, beer, outdoor beauty, what's left to want?

Steve Buser said...

My kind of place
--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo

willdana said...

Looks like the ideal place for the Blue Tongue bar and Grill...Check out the pics I sent you and my blog..Cheers Simmo...