Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sunriver

About 20 miles south of Bend is the little resort community of Sunriver. There are 4 golf courses within walking (riding) distance and miles and miles of bike paths. It's a popular place to stay in the winter for skiers (Mt Bachelor is 30 minutes away) and popular in the summer for lots of outdoor activities. An earlier posting showed a triathlon held here.

This last weekend was the Quilt Show. I only got to see it being set up but there were a lot of people around early in the morning. I couldn't even get into the bakery for a breakfast treat!


The quilt show was spread all over the village. Some amazing work by the quilters!

5 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

Sounds like a great place to socialize. And, it takes along time to do one quilt, although, I do not sew much. My favorite thing is scrapbooking.

Lavenderlady said...

I didn't realize Sunriver had an outdoor quilt show in August. I am familiar with the one in Sisters...having gone every year but 2 since 1991.

willdana said...

Cool Bakery...Do they sell custartd tarts and pasties??

Mme Benaut said...

This is great D. I think there is a woman from Aldgate who goes to America for this show. She is well known in Australia apparently for her quilts and was mother to many children, some of her own and another bunch adopted from various countries and a couple of aboriginal boys too.

drpack said...

There are several quilt shows in this part of the country ... must be what the wives do while their husbands are at one of the many golf courses!
The Sisters Quilt Show is a real big one. I would imagine that would be the one that would attract international people.
Sisters (actually a town) will appear on my blog soon!