Saturday, September 22, 2007

Code Pink II

Code Pink held another rally downtown this afternoon.
I took so many pictures I plan to just post a couple each day for the next few days.
(However, I'm going to be away until Wednesday.)
Even though the actual numbers were small, there was enormous support from passing cars and trucks.
I didn't hear one discouraging word from those passing by.
I have put together several collages to help give some "press" to as many people as possible.
I think the pictures are pretty self-explanatory.
One participant commented on how we must have faith we can make a difference even if we are such a small group.
I think Margaret Mead summed it up the best ...
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Peace be with you.

1 comment:

M.Benaut said...

From Mme:

Good for you D.! I don't think too many people feel that we have any business being in the middle east any more (Oz that is) and it is such a messy, bottomless pit. There is definitely a strong argument for fixing up what's in your own backyard before taking on someone else's.