Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow!

Snow arrived a little late this year ... but it continues!
Plenty around at the moment and it's snowing as I write!
I am in the middle of trying to build a shed.
The -17F (-24C) temps and nearly 2 ft of snow have kind of put the brakes on that!
Don't think I would want to be in the building business in the winter!
That pile of snow is really a stack of lumber for the shed in the background!
We have learned to cope with the large amounts of snow, however.
We invite Aussies over for a visit and chain them to our snow throwers!

Jono is now surfing on some beach in Hawaii!

4 comments:

Dorothée said...

-24C!! outch! I should not complain about the temperature here in Boston then! Jono deserves a break in Hawai ;)
We visited your area this summer and we had such a great time! Iloved it. I even posted a picture in my blog when we were there in july (from Mt Hood). Thanks for bringing back good memories wiht your blog.

Pat said...

Hope you get your shed built! Lovely snow photo!



I would certainly appreciate your posting a condolence message in my blogs today for the wife of a good blogger friend...

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos

Heidi said...

Nice pictures! I finished shoveling my driveway only to look over and see that my neighbor was unpacking his brand new snowblower!

M.Benaut said...

Hey Dennis, mate.
What's all the funny looking white stuff.
We don't get that in Adelaide.
Steve and Anne say howdy. We had Oz day at Goolwa, as usual and we all missed you greatly.
You'll see a few shots on ADP.