Thursday, March 13, 2008

Skiing with Friends

Skiing is a really fun sport/recreation.
But, skiing with friends is great!
Jeannette and Alan are a couple friends from my days at Oregon State University and I am lucky enough to live relatively close to them.
And, even luckier that they have both retired, can go skiing during the week, like a good drink, ride motorcycles and are still as crazy as they were way back when!
That's me and Jeannette with The Summit in the background.

Yesterday (Wednesday) we took advantage of a special 2 for 1 offer at Mt Bachelor.
The weather and snow were both very good. And the crowd ...
Oh look! There's another person coming down the slope! See them way back on the right?
Nothing like having a whole slope to yourself!

The view of the Sisters from Mt Bachelor is quite spectacular.
Oh look .... another person on the chair!

These photos are courtesy of Alan. He's probably responsible for igniting my interest in photography (and teaching me how to ride my Harley!).
When we were at OSU he had a Pentax Spotmatic and used to make me soooo envious of the photos he took.
As you can tell, he still knows his stuff!

Thanks guys for a great day on the High Desert!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like great snow fun, and beautiful landscape.

I came over to try and answer your question about the yacht in Wichita. The owner lives here, and donated it to the Wichita Boathouse. I found this little blurp online, but now I'm confused, because this say's "Jayhawk" - but the boat in my photo's clearly say's "America3". Anyway, here's what I found online....

Despite the considerable expense of building them, he (Koch)said "they have absolutely no value" once their racing life is over.[11] Koch, a native of Wichita, Kansas, donated the ship he used in qualifying for the America's Cup races, The Jayhawk, to the Wichita Boathouse.

Lincoln City Restaurants said...

Aw, these pictures make me homesick! In a good way though. LOVE Central Oregon!

Mme Benaut said...

I'm eating my heart out D. Fancy having a whole slope to yourself. I can't imagine that. Guess where I'm visiting this time next year!!

Celulite said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.