Monday, June 30, 2008

Early Morning On The High Desert

A couple weeks ago I managed to drag myself out of bed
early enough to catch the sun rising on the mountains.The light was somewhat disappointing.
Not as much color as I had hoped for. The rising mist is from the Little Deschutes River.
It was beautiful ... but hard to capture.When I managed to finally see some color on the vegetation,
the sky became washed out.
Looks like I'll have to get up early again ... there is a lot of smoke in the sky at the moment from the fires in California.
Maybe it will be worth getting up early for tomorrow's sunrise!

4 comments:

Abu Dhabi/UAE Daily Photo said...

The 2nd shot is fabulous!

Nathalie said...

Not as much light as you had hoped for? That's because you're back from Australia. I've had the same problem here in the south of France after six year in Sydney. The light downunder is exceptional - sunrises and sunsets especially. In the northern hemisphere they don't have the same flashy colours as in OZ - we were spoiled, you know?
:-(

drpack said...

We sure were spoiled! I have some stunning shots of sunrise from my old place in the Adelaide Hills. Worth getting up for!

MmeBenaut said...

Maybe we have the light but boy do you have the scenery! I find that after taking photos, I look around at the views here with awe; cameras are great but what the naked eye can see and interpret and refocus on instantly simply can't be beaten. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the acuity of a bird's eye?